The National Rugby League, ARL, NSWRL and CRL receive hundreds of requests for donations and/or assistance from many worthy charities and organisations each season. The game is committed to assisting charities and community organisations that meet the goals of the Community Relations program.
There are a number of autographed and non-autographed merchandise items available for donation, only in very rare cases are cash donations given.
Donations are limited to one per organisation per year (except for Rugby League’s One Community charities). Only in exceptional circumstances will we donate to charities who have already received donations from NRL Clubs or other governing bodies.
Due to the high level of demand, we cannot take phone enquiries regarding whether the request has been approved, unless 6 weeks has passed since the request was sent
All applications will be responded to in writing within 6 weeks
The NRL receives many requests from individuals who have fallen on hard times. Whilst we will endeavour to assist as many of these people as possible, the individual’s relationship with the game will be a factor in assisting requests
The game has strong relationships with many large charitable organisations, and as such, will often find it difficult to donate to satellite organisations raising funds on behalf of a major charity. We will buy tables at functions if they support the nominated charities or rugby league. Each invitation will be looked at on a “case by case” situation.
To be eligible for assistance the following year, organisation’s must fill in the feedback form and return it.
Preference will be given to the following causes in the following order:
· Individuals who are involved in rugby league and have fallen on hard times
· Junior and Senior rugby league teams and clubs who have fallen on hard times (most are directed to the Monster Raffle)
· Nominated NRL & NRL Club charities
How to Apply:
· Applications must be made through www.rloc.com.au – see below
· All fields must be completed in order for the request to be processed
· Applications must be made in writing at least 8 weeks prior to event
· Junior and Senior Rugby League Clubs must prove that their governing body or NRL Club recognises the importance of their cause
· Schools must provide evidence of their support of rugby league
· If you are fundraising via an event, please provide the date and location of the event, plus where the funds raised will be going